Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2012

StampScrapArtTour in Westminster, MD



        A friend and I traveled over 2 hours to a stamp show in Westminster, MD on Saturday.  It was a great show!  If you ever get a chance to go to it, do it. One of the stamps I bought was from TOO MUCH FUN RUBBER STAMPS.  It is a HOODIE.  It ends up being a gate fold card.  I was thinking it would make a great card for guys or teenagers.  A gift card will fit nicely inside, too. 
         I stamped onto decorative paper, cut out and folded it.  I cut away the zipper and stamped just the zipper part onto a plain decorative paper.  Then I cut out the zipper leaving a bit on the left side to glue under the left side of the hoodie.  It makes it look a bit more realistic that way.  I am going to buy some camouflage decorative paper to make some for the guys that hunt.  The finished size is about 4" x 4 1/2".  The stamp is quite large and since I didn't buy the acrylic block to mount it to, I inked the stamp, laid it down on the decorative paper and ran a jar candle over it.  That worked quite well.  I got that tip from THE FUGAL STAMPER.  She has all kinds of great ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment